The owners of this ’renovator’s delight’ residential property were moving interstate and needed a quick sale to ensure they didn’t have to hire someone to maintain the property in between them moving out and a new owner moving in. Demand for properties in the area was low, so the property listing needed to really stand out and make a strong emotional connection with potential buyers in order to quickly attract and convert a property shopper. So, K. M. Wade crafted bespoke listing copy that was ultimately pivotal in achieving the vendor’s goals.
Why it’s special
- Engaging, emotive copy — The copy written by K. M. Wade included everything the target audience needed to know about the property and did so in a way that encouraged the reader to imagine living their dream life in the home and gardens
- Benefits and value focussed — Most real estate listings in the area were short, bland pieces of copy that listed the key features of the property and little else. The copy written by K. M. Wade was longer than usual and emphasised the value the audience could experience if they purchased the property. The opening paragraph set the scene by conveying the overall benefits and value of the property, so readers were compelled to read more of the listing, even if they would normally only read the above-the-fold copy. And the remainder of the copy fleshed out the details in a way that had shoppers wanting to read more.
- Exceptional results — At the time of listing, the average time on the market for the other properties in the area was 65.5 days. The property listing for 1 Braidwood Rd went live on local real estate websites just after 1 pm. The buyers placed an offer on the property just after 6 pm that evening. By 8 pm that evening, the vendors had accepted an offer on the property that was just $10k short of their list price and well above what they’d hoped to achieve.
Things to know
- Content type: Premium real estate listing
- Audience type: B2C
- Industry: Residential real estate
Do you want a strategic marketing asset like this?
If you want to attract more potential buyers and want them to place higher offers faster, K. M. Wade will craft compelling copy that shows potential buyers the bright future they could have if they buy the property you’re listing, helping you create an emotional desire to buy among your audience.
Residential sales listing for 1 Braidwood Rd
Discover the charm of this 3-bedroom renovated miner’s cottage, nestled in the picturesque town of Captains Flat. Ideal for anyone dreaming of a peaceful country life on a spacious block with an easy commute to Canberra, this home promises daily retreats amidst nature’s splendour. Imagine waking up to gentle birdsong, indulging in sun-soaked mornings on the deck, and winding down your days with cosy fireside evenings. While this home honours its origins with subtle rustic touches, the home beckons with contemporary possibilities and awaits your personal touch.
Set on a generous 898 sqm block, the property showcases a verdant garden brimming with ornamentals and established fruit trees and bushes. In summer, enjoy a cool drink and fragrant desert topped with delectable homegrown purple raspberries under the shade of evergreen Cyprus trees. In autumn marvel at the beauty of a vibrant Japanese maple while being serenaded by a family of Satin Bower Birds.
Relish cosy winter evenings sipping soup by a roaring fire. And enjoy entertaining friends and family in glorious spring sunshine on the spacious north-facing deck.
For the keen cook, the kitchen sits at the heart of the home and a generous walk-in pantry stands ready for your gourmet adventures, with plenty of space for storing bulk staples and preserved harvests. Outdoor adventurers will appreciate the double garage’s potential. Not just for cars, it’s ideal for a boat or dirt bikes, which will find plenty of use on the many adventure tracks that wind through the enchanting hills surrounding the township. Extra space at the front of the property and along the driveway provides additional car parking spaces for guests. The shed also features a rear room and a couple of sturdy workbenches, making woodworking and similar pursuits a breeze.
Beyond the property, Captains Flat welcomes you with open arms. From amenities like the handy medical centre and much-loved public pool, to plenty of gathering places, including a well-appointed playground, popular RSL club, and fully equipped men’s shed, there are unending ways to become part of the community. Highlights of the social calendar include the monthly markets and Santa’s Christmas rounds on the fire truck.
For families, there’s a gorgeous preschool with brand new playground and facilities, a cosy primary school, and school buses to both Queanbeyan and Braidwood for high school students.
Explore the town’s local history, relish the friendly town vibe, or work up a sweat on scenic walking tracks like the renowned ‘Gut Buster’. And with Canberra’s attractions a short drive away, you’re never far from urban delights.
Why you’ll love 1 Braidwood Rd, Captains Flat:
- 3 versatile bedrooms, each equipped with movable wardrobes for flexible layout options to suit your style
- Bathroom boasting ample storage and a combined bath and shower for versatility
- Electric-boosted solar hot water ensuring consistent and cost-effective warm showers
- 2 sun-filled living areas, one with reverse-cycle air conditioning and a wood-fire heater ensuring cosy comfort no matter the season
- Welcoming front entry way, offering a dedicated space to greet guests, stow away outerwear, and transition seamlessly from outdoor hustle to indoor tranquility
- Spacious kitchen and walk-in pantry, making bulk-buying and preserving a breeze
- Sizeable deck that beckons for laid-back gatherings, breakfasts with the local king parrots and rosellas, or peaceful solitude
- Secure double lockup garage with added room at the rear featuring the laundry and additional space for a workshop, teenager’s retreat, or creative studio
- Lush country garden with a bounty of fruiting plants, including apple, plum, loquat, red and purple raspberry, boysenberry, marionberry, and elderberry, for fresh picks right at your doorstep; and a range of ornamentals from a Japanese Maple and gorgeous deciduous vine, for dazzling displays in autumn, to Butterfly Bushes, Blue Pacifics, and a Mock Orange, which help fill the garden with colour and life in the warmer months
- A spacious greenhouse to lengthen your growing season
Seeking a vibrant country life filled with community spirit? This home, ripe with untapped potential, invites you to realise its promise.
For enquiries and inspections, reach out to Ben Stevenson from Estate Realty on 0467 046 637.